Deaf Leadership Seminar
Professional Development for: Deaf Leaders, Preachers, Laypersons, and Coordinators
- The Goal of the Deaf Evangelism Leadership Seminar is to train and equip men and women for effective evangelical ministry in their communities.
- Classes will provide question and answer sessions for Deaf leaders, ministers, Bible teachers, state coordinators, and local deaf ministry coordinators. Spouses of the participants are welcome to attend.
- The forms of instruction include hands on training, ASL, and visual aids which include marker boards, overhead projectors, and Power Point presentations. Our goal is to meet each student’s learning style as much as possible.
- The seminar will be a two and half day event. Classes will begin with prayer at 8:30 a.m. and will conclude at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday and Friday. We will have half day class on Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
– Bro. Don Hanscom
Multicultural Ministries Director
– Sis. Mendy Olson
Pastor of the Deaf Ministry of Christian Life Center
– Bro. Dale Delp
Pastor of Deaf Ministry at Christian Life Church
– Bro. Meloy Richmond
Pastor of New Destiny Deaf Church
– Bro. Ernie Murillo
National Deaf Evangelism Coordinator
– Sis. Marietta Patchin
Pastor of Deaf Ministry at Palm Bay Pentecostal Church
- The Book of Revelation - Sis. Mendy Olson will teach on the book of Revelation: Rapture.
- What’s Love? – An examination of Adam Clarke’s analysis of the phenomenon. It will be taught by Bro.Dale Delp.
- The Travels, Maps and Epistles of Paul – We will study the epistles of Apostle Paul. Bro. Dale Delp will be the instructor.
- Study of Ecclesiastes – Bro. Dale Delp will teach the principles of Ecclesiastes (Wisdom Literature) and how to apply the profound biblical truths to your life.
- A History of Christian Doctrine – This scholarly book identifies the significant people and events in church history. It describes how biblical doctrines were abandoned, how unbiblical doctrines were embraced, and how some still affirmed apostolic teachings.
- God’s calling – Bro. Meloy Richmond will talk about God’s calling and what it means to heed to God.
- Listen to the Elders – Bro. Meloy Richmond will discuss the importance of listening to the elders of the church.
- Roles of the Minister – Bro. Meloy Richmond will explain the various duties of the minister.
- The Chain of Command – Sis. Mendy Olson will teach on the Leadership concept.
- Raising up and Releasing Leaders – Bro. Hanscom will define missions as “worldwide disciple making” and disciplers as “followers of Jesus Christ who cross cultural and language barriers to preach the gospel, plant churches, and equip future leaders. He believes resources are in the harvest and that we multiply our effectiveness by equipping equippers and discipling disciplers.
- Reading Requirements for Ministerial License and MinistryCentral.com (after hours) – Bro. Swanson will read and explain the reading requirements for ministerial license. We will also cover the UPCI manual and discuss the importance of working together. Bro. Swanson will also show how to register MinistryCentral\PCminister.com online and give pointers.
New classes to be announced soon!
Cost of Seminar – Registration Fee
- $200 per participant (Early Bird Special)
- $250 per participant (regular)
- $400 per married couples (Early Bird Special)
- $450 per married couples (regular)
The Registration fee includes two nights of Hotel –March 12 &13. Two people per room.
Early Bird Special – by January 31, 2015
Regular fee after February 1, 2015
55 Dunn Rd, Florissant, MO 63031
Phone: (314) 839-2200